Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ectopic Pregnancy

So this week has been pretty crummy for the Gallagher Family. On Monday, at 2:00pm we found out that I had a Ectopic Pregnancy. And at 4:30 I was in surgery having it removed along with my left fallopian tube :(.

The last time that I has surgery, I was 9, and it was a sinus surgery. So I was pretty scared going in. They gave me a little sedative as I was going to the OR. I remember saying that the ride to the OR should be a ride at Disney World. The last thing I remember was a bunch of surgeons laughing at me :).

This has been quite a trial for me. It's been 3 weeks of knowing that this pregnancy was not going to be viable, but that for some reason my body thought it was still pregnant. Now we know that it was because of the embryo still stuck in my tube. I kind of feel sad about the embryo. It wasn't it's fault that it got stuck in my tube or that my tube was all jacked up to begin with. But I guess these things happen.

I'm excited to get healthy again and move on with my life. And I'm very excited to snuggle my girls. I'm very nervous with Audrey around, thinking she's going to jump on me any minute. And I know the girls are feeling a little neglected. The upside to all of this is that we were able to celebrate Audrey's 2nd birthday Sunday night before the surgery. So I will soon be posting some cute video and pics. I've decided that my kids are growing up way too darn fast!

When it comes to my future fertility, we will just have to wait and see. I'm trying really hard to not think about it. I'm going to focus on getting better and if there's a problem later than we will just deal with it than.

I'm so grateful for my blessings. And grateful that we found it when we did. It could have easily burst and that would have been very bad. The doctor said this was because of my general healthiness. So I'm grateful for a family that instilled me a healthy lifestyle! I'm grateful for friends and family that have been there for Roy and I. I don't know what I would do without you! Roy's been great through all of this and I'm so grateful for his support!

So I felt like I needed to write all this down. To write down my feelings so that I can remember them. And if I've learned anything from this experience, it's that I need to trust in my instincts, I felt that something was not right and I went from there. I'm sure the spirit was helping me out.

I wanted to end this with a big thank you to: VICODEN! Seriously don't know what I would do without you. It will be sad when we need to part ways but I am so excited to feel like myself again!


krystin said...

So, so sorry, Robyn. Please let me know if you need anything....dinner?
hope you are feeling a little better.

Candis said...