Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Psychodelic False Alarm!

So on Sunday I took a fun trip to the hospital. I started having pretty intense contractions. I was pretty convinced I was in labor. I got there and they hooked me up to monitors and than told me I was having contractions. I wanted to say "NO Crap!" Well after about 8 hours at the hospital and lots of medication to try to stop the contractions they decided to give me some pain medication. The nurse said it would make me feel really drunk. This made me curious. I have never been drunk before and was interested in how this would make me feel. Let me tell you, within 2 seconds of her injecting the medicine in my IV I began a psychodelic outer body experience. And just to reiterate this, Roy told me I was drooling all over myself after a minute. Now just picture that. And if that doesn't bring a smile to your face than something is wrong with you :).
Anyways... it ended up being a bladder infection. Who knew that a bladder infection could make you go into labor? I didn't! They gave me anti-biotics and sent me home. So it looks like I will be pregnant for a little while longer. But until I do go into labor I will be laughing at myself over drooling all over my face.

1 comment:

The Kelly's said...

I'm so glad everything turned out alright! And Evy is ridiculously cute up there! :) You're hilarious by the way... I love reading your blog!