Monday, May 3, 2010

Evy's First Experience with Pet Death



We had gotten two fish for Evy at Christmas Time. They died a couple of days ago. I was going to wait until Roy came home this weekend to deal with it. But I couldn't bear it any longer. Their skin was coming off in flakes and I would gag as I walked by it. So I begged, and I mean begged, my Mom to deal with the fish. I thought Evy would be ok. But when I told her and we went to go flush them down the toilet she completely lost it. Huge tears and cries of grief came from her. It was so sad it almost made me cry. It's so hard explaining death to a child. I told her that what we were flushing were just there bodies and their spirits had gone to live with Jesus. Now I am not quite so sure about the legitimacy of that doctrine but it worked for the situation.

It's hard being a Mom!

1 comment:

The Kelly's said...

Wait a minute... Weren't those the second pair of fish! ;)