Sunday, June 12, 2011

Disney World: Magic Kingdom

I have been a slacker when it comes to blogging. I know, I know. So I plan on attempting to redeem myself!

We had the funnest time at Disney World. We were there for a week and my whole family was there. The weather ended up being just fine. We hit Magic Kingdom first. I knew we were going to be there for 2 days so I figured we would stay late the second day to catch the light parade. We ll what I didn't know was that the parade was only on the weekend. I was so sad I missed it but we did see an amazing firework display. During the middle of it, Evy turned to me and said, "This is the best vacation of my life!" Tears came to my eyes because I was so happy. By the end of the week I was so grateful for how hard Roy works so that we can do fun stuff like that.






Evy loved taking pictures by these murals. They were doing a ton of work there. You could see the castle from Beauty and the Beast being built. A whole new attraction area. I was bummed it wasn't done but it just gives us another reason to come back!

Audrey has a hard time keeping her eyes open in pictures!



The reason we all look wet in the last couple of pictures is because we got on a boat to go on to Tom Sawyers Island. Once you're on, you have to stay on until they take you to the other side. As were waiting for the ok to start the engines, it started raining, I mean like pouring rain. They wouldn't let us off to wait under the canopy, so we had to sit there with no cover in the rain. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. Our ponchos were in the stroller and we could not get to them. So for the rest of the day, we were kind of wet!

One of the last rides we went on was the Buzz Lightyear ride where you shoot at aliens with a gun. The first time around I did terrible. Evy even did better than me. The competitive side of me was upset at how terrible I did. I think I only got 7,000 points. So the second day we went to Magic Kingdom, I wanted to do it again. I got 180,000! Let's just say, I whipped it's butt! I beat everyone in the group! What was my strategy, you ask? Well here it it: to not look or "try" to shoot anything. Move the thing around like a spaz and shoot the gun as many times as possible and center your "chi". I'm thinking about writing a book about it :).

Day 2 of Magic Kingdom:
The first day we went on Saturday and we came back on Wednesday. Audrey had a ridiculously high fever so she stayed home with my parents. I was a little sad that she couldn't come, but would have been miserable. We got there around 1:00pm and stayed until closing. We had a blast.





These pictures are Evy playing model at the restaurant. I don't know what got into her. But she did look super cute. Sabrina braided her hair and Mom put her earrings on her.



Roy and I making funny faces. Surprise, surprise!


Evy and Bryce showin' some love. On a side note, the kids were great the entire week. No melt downs or fights. It seems that some magic rubbed off on us, because that is a definite first. Evy was great and so happy to just be there.




The epic sword and the stone. No kings made that day!




Here are some nice family pictures. In the last pictures with Bryce and the "mystery woman", we'll just call her Snow White, there's quite a funny story about it. She was walking across the bridge with her Mom and Sabrina really wanted Bryce to have a picture with a princess. She asked politely if Bryce could take her picture with her and she said yes. They posed and right before the flash Bryce stealthy grabs her hand. He's already workin' the moves!




These are the last pictures of Magic Kingdom. It was truly Magical!

No comments: